Capitalism is on the ropes. It’s been pummeled by the highly publicized greed on Wall Street. The one-percenters have been fingered as the bad guys wielding unprecedented economic power, and not always in the best interest of society.
Capitalism seems to be further weakened with every whiff of smelling salts the government gives it with bailouts. And the only people in its corner appear to be the righteous Tea Party or the big hearted, but offish, Occupy movement.
Just when you think the heroism in capitalism has tapped out, an inner strength is emerging. It’s called Conscious Capitalism. Practitioners embrace the philosophy that corporate performance is considerably enhanced when you better lives and strengthen communities ahead of profits.
“The recession and the rise of crony capitalism have shaken society’s faith in the capitalistic system. Even before the current (and continuing) crisis, capitalism was under attack from a society ambivalent about free markets. I complained (about politics), but a penchant for learning and action led to discovery and higher consciousness about the path I’d already followed for 30+ years.”
– Scott McIntosh
Inaugural MAC6 “incubees” include:
- ALPHASTRIPE: A global, online networking platform for military service members, their families, civilians and humanitarian organizations to share wartime and conflict-zone stories to save history, make connections and heal.
- Ignite!: The eHarmony of career and business, matching individuals around the world with their ideal role and company.
- KVZ: A fully integrated sports apparel design and manufacturing company with the mission to capitalize on “Made in America” as a competitive advantage.
- Live 3V: A company dedicated to inspiring people to live their lives to the fullest through a proprietary program called Whole Life Living.
- Ella’s Monitor: A revolutionary hospital grade, low-cost device for use in the home that will save infants from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome
We are excited to be embedding our agency advertising and marketing services at MAC6 to help ignite the growth of these early-stage conscious capitalists and help them make a long-term impact on society. We are proud to have guided MAC6 in its brand story development, and the creation of its website and marketing materials.
Park&Co fully embraces MAC6’s brand ideal: Advocating Capitalism as a Force for Good.
What is your view on conscious capitalism?