Brand Story Strategy Consulting
Do You Have Your Brand Story Straight?
It used to be that brands owned the influence of mass media. But now the masses are the media. Your customers own your brand story, not you. And they are willing to share their version of it – warts and all – around the world with the tap of a digit.
So you want them to have your brand story straight in their minds. That doesn’t happen with a bunch of features and benefits B2B blather. It starts with understanding your authentic brand story and appreciating what it means on a human level to your customers.
It’s not what you make, but what you make happen
Smart companies have evolved from promoters of stuff to publishers of meaningful content that empowers their customers through the stories they share and live.
You are the story maker, and your customers are now the storytellers for your brand.
We help business leaders, marketers and sales executives in professional services firms craft and tell compelling brand stories that drive business results. We use our proven 10-step Story Cycle process to help companies clearly communicate: brand strategy and execution, employee engagement, internal initiatives, marketing & sales presentations, customer persona development, B2B marketing, leadership development and campaign activation.
You can check out the impact the Story Cycle has had on driving results for these businesses, nonprofit organizations, and social cause campaigns.
Our brand story strategy consulting services are tailored to your specific communications needs, including:
- On-site brand story assessment, planning and creation
- Comprehensive communications plan development
- Social media best practices
- Content marketing strategy
- Website consultation
- Sales presentation story training and creation
- Internal communications and employee engagement programs
Benefits of authoring your business story include:
- Determine your brand’s precise market position to be thought of as the industry leader in the hearts and minds of your customers
- Articulate the emotional brand promise that resonates with your shareholders, stakeholders, employees and customers to guide and enhance your performance
- Reveal the authentic personality that best expresses the uniqueness of your brand to entice and engage your customers
- Define your true brand purpose to create transformational employee and customer relationships
- Create a brand story strategy to connect with your customers where they’re at: both mentally and physically
- Understand where your business stories need to live online and off to capture the largest audiences when they’re ready to buy
- Map customer journeys that connect their worlds with yours through the stories you tell and live to create lasting brand bonds, rituals and evangelists
Personal added value for everyone participating
- Better understand your own personal/professional story to author the life you want to live
- Appreciate the journeys of the people around you to foster more significant interpersonal relationships
- Empathize and connect with your core audiences, including employees and customers to build brand activists who participate in the growth of the brand
- Make sense of your organization’s trajectory and where it’s headed to author a viable operational plan for substantial growth
- Build consensus among your leadership around your brand story and what your organization truly stands for so that everyone is pulling together in the same direction for the same goals
- Get your kid to eat her peas, because with your one true superpower of storytelling, you can truly nudge the world in any direction you choose
If you’re ready to explore how to author your business story, email me at email@example.com. We’ll find a convenient time to discuss your brand planning and business communications challenges. Or you can just pick my brain.
Following your input, we will prepare an initial proposal for your review and feedback. It will include details of the work to be completed, deliverables, such as written reports or assessments, our consulting fee, plus any expenses such as travel for an onsite visit.
Our consulting fee is a flat-rate that will be based upon the predetermined scope-of-work, usually over a 60 to 90 day period. From your input, a final version of the proposal is provided for your approval and a start date is set.
“Our greatest obstacle was clarity. There were many assumptions about our new brand given the new focus on sustainability, as well as all the activity outside our industry in the green movement. Park&Co helped make this brand identity relatable and easy to understand.” – Avein Tafoya, CEO of Adelante: Sustainable Healthcare for All
Zeroing in on your corporate essence, soul, identity, and story is difficult for any business. For an early-stage Venture like Elevate, it was even more intimidating and challenging to do on our own. That’s why we turned Park&Co and their Story Cycle brand authoring process. Park&Co helped us find our story and tell it to others across multiple channels and mediums in a way that resonated profoundly with our audiences. Together we achieved the authentic engagement that most companies only dream of. – Anthony Bajoras, Chief Marketing Officer, Elevate
“Park Howell’s storytelling process transformed the way I look at and act in my business. Joseph Campbell’s Hero’s Journey that Park takes inspiration from in his branding and advertising work has deep and powerful insights into why we make the decisions we do and take the transformational journeys we take. I’m a huge fan of Park and his work.” – Dean Newlund, Mission Facilitators International, The next phase in global business
“The Story Cycle Process provided the perfect framework to distill down the vision and backstory of a new venture to the 4 key pillars of a brand (Position, Promise, Personality and Purpose). What started as 20 pages of self-reflection, vision and mission – turned into a concise strategic document which will fuel the soul of the brand moving forward. Park’s insight, perspective and approach to the process are invaluable.” – Devin Dvorak, MobileList