ABTs of Agile Communications – June 2023 Cohort
Welcome to the ABTs of Agile Communication training. Here’s what you need to get started:
1. Take the ABTs of Agile Communication online course here.
Use code abt-mastery1 to gain access. (Note: this is NOT your account password. You will need to sign up for an account through Thinkific and set your own password, no credit card needed.)
2. Add the meeting invitations to your calendar:
Thursday, June 1, at 10 am PDT: 90-minute virtual training session
Links above not working? Download calendar file
Wednesday, June 7 at 10 am PDT: Ask Me Anything one-hour virtual session
Links above not working? Download calendar file here
3. Download your free copy of The Narrative Gym for Business, the handy 75-guide to help you craft compelling ABTs.
Additional Pre-session Storytelling Resources:
Learn about Joseph Campbell’s Hero’s Journey story framework called the Monomyth.
The most powerful stories are always about a moment when everything changes. To help you find these important moments in your life, please watch my TEDx Talk: Start Looking for Your Scenes and Your Story Will Find You…
So How Do You Structure a Compelling Story?
All influential and persuasive organizational storytelling starts with the ABT agile narrative framework.
The ABT works because it leverages the three forces of story, which are agreement, contradiction and consequence. Our primal pattern-seeking, cause-and-effect, decision-making limbic buying brain LOVES this story formula because it makes even the most complex messages simple and easy to get.
A friendly reminder from Calvin & Hobbs that your audience is ALWAYS wondering
what’s in it for them…?
More Storytelling Resources:
- Read Nikolas Kristoff”s Advice for Saving the World article to understand the power of the singular narrative to move people to action.
- How to Use the ABT for a Powerful One-Floor Elevator Pitch
- Grab your ABT Development Card for handy guidance in crafting your ABTs.
- Download the list of ABT replacement words to create variety in your communications: ABT Replacement Words
- Build your narrative intuition by using the ABT every day: ABT Habit Stacking
- Listen to a deep dive into the ABT: The One Narrative Framework You Need for Effective Business Storytelling
#StoryOn, my friend!
Copyright 2023 Park and Company Marketing Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.