Many professionals have thought about writing a book because they know it would amplify their credibility. But often, due to time restraints, lack of energy and competing priorities, they never reach publication, let alone begin the writing process. In order to efficiently get your story on paper and to your audience, it’s a good idea to have an expert in the field set expectations and guide you along the path to get your book completed and published.
Look no further, because my guest Mitchell Levy is the go-to professional in the publishing field. Considered a global credibility expert, Mitchell, an international best-selling author of more than 60 books, has helped turn many experts into thought leaders by ghostwriting.
Give the author the credibility they need, so that when their prospects look at them, they know they have found the person that can solve their problem. ~Mitchell Levy
Not only is it hard to find time to write a book, but the same also applies to reading one. That’s why all of the pieces that Mitchell and his team publish are 120-pages, spine-sized, compromised of 7 blog posts and 140 bite-size quotes.
What we do is an Evelyn Wood-style speed reading of the experts’ brain and put it into a book format that is easily consumable in a way that people want to consume data today. ~Mitchell Levy
Incorporating several bite-size quotes is crucial because people share them on social media. This results in an audience that has a taste of your story but wants more, and shorter books make it easier for your audience to finish the story and understand the material.
Listen as Mitchell shares how you too can be an Amazon best-selling author in four months.
Topics Discussed in this Episode
- The importance of sharing your story through a memoir
- Knowing your target audience
- How to utilize story to solve a problem
- How to focus your story to make it easily consumable
- How to use your story to become a thought leader
Resources & Links
- Mitchell Levy Authored Books
- Mitchell Levy’s Twitter
- Mitchell Levy’s Linkedin
- Mitchell Levy’s TEDx Talk
- Evelyn Wood Speed Reading Training
- A Simple 10-step Brand Storytelling System to Clarify Your Business Story
- How Adelante Sustainable Healthcare clarified its brand story to amplify its impact and simplify its life.
- Rate The Business of Story podcast on iTunes