Learn how the mind yields helplessly to the suction of story from New York Times Best Selling Author Jonathan Gottschall.
Have you ever wondered just why storytelling is such an effective means of personal branding? What is it about a narrative that gives life to a product or service? Today’s guest will provide some valuable insight into how a story can revolutionize your brand.
Humans are the only animals that tell stories, and we’ve been doing it for quite some time. Our guest is an author, professor and Mixed Martial Arts fighter, Jonathan Gottschall. Gottschall, the writer of the book The Storytelling Animal, explains the ins and outs of what makes a great storyteller. This is a unique time for successful marketing stories, and Jonathan gives wonderful storytelling tips can help you turn your simple narrative into a great brand story.
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How to make a simple narrative structure
- What is the storytelling process like
- How to improve your writing ability
- “Storytelling is kind of an evolutionary mystery.” – Jonathan Gottschall
- “Story has a very predictable structure, you don’t need unnecessary complexity..” – Jonathan Gottschall
- “Great storytellers are made, not born.” – Jonathan Gottschall
Mentioned in this episode:
- Washington Jefferson College
- Professor in a Cage
- The Storytelling Animal