Build a Better Brand Story Sprint May 2021 Cohort
Build a Better Brand Story Sprint
Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am PDT from 5/4 – 5/20
*Please bookmark this page for reference later*
ACT I: Clarify Your Story
- Read how other brands have developed their story in our Case Stories.
- Positioning example featuring Red Bull
- To learn about using the ABT in your business communications, listen to this Business of Story episode: How to Use the ABT in Your Brand Storytelling with Dr. Randy Olson.
- Hear Andre’s story in his own words on the Business of Story podcast: How a Purpose-Driven Brand Stroy Can Triple Your Growth
- ABT words to live by:
ACT II: Amplify Your Impact
ACT III: Simplify Your Life
I thought you’d enjoy and learn from the brand story crafting for Avantpage:
Story Quest for Thursday:
- Share a story on Thursday that illustrates the real-world impact you have made on an individual and their organization using the 5 primal elements.
- Set up your story by starting with a brief ABT to create context.
- You only have THREE MINUTES to share your ABT and short story.
The 5 Primal Elements of a Short Story for Big Impact:
- Time Stamp: When did your story happen?
- Location Stamp: Where did your story happen?
- Central Character: Who is at the center of your story your audience can relate to?
- Action/surprise: What happened and what was the surprising outcome?
- Aha Moment: Make your business point and have a call-to-action.
To help you find a story, use one of your descriptors from either your Promise, Gift or OOOH! Exercise and use it as the central theme. For a refresher, revisit Chapter 7 in Brand Bewitchery, where I demonstrate the ABTs and stories I share each with a singular word theme from my OOOH! Exercise.
Randy Olson latest book on the ABT, THE NARRATIVE GYM BOOK
This book, although written for scientists and academia, will give you more tools and building blocks for crafting your ABTs. If you like what you read, then please support Randy and purchase a hard copy on Amazon.