Bad stories kill great ideas. If you aren’t able to tell the story of your magnificent idea, then it isn’t going to go anywhere. But we often throw cold water on them because we think we’re not up to the task, it’s too complicated, that we’re not good enough.
So how do you ignite innovation that captivates and transports your audience from what is today to the possibilities of what could be?
It’s actually through a simple 5-step framework that anyone can follow which Carla Johnson demonstrates in her new book, RE:Think Innovation: How the World’s Most Prolific Innovators Come Up with Great Ideas that Deliver Extraordinary Outcomes. Carla is a world-renowned storyteller, an entertaining speaker, and a prolific author. Having lived, worked, and keynoted on five continents, she’s partnered with top brands and conferences to train thousands of people how to rethink the work that they do and the impact they can have. Her visionary expertise has inspired and equipped leaders at all levels to embrace change, welcome new ideas, and transform their business.
Her work with Fortune 500 brands served as the foundation for many of her books. Her tenth, RE:Think Innovation, busts the myth that innovation is something that requires a specific degree or special training. In fact, Carla explains why, to be a successful company in today’s hyper-competitive, customer-driven world, finding opportunities through innovative thinking must be everyone’s business. Her goal is to teach one million people how to become innovative thinkers by 2025. Consistently names one of the top influencers in her field, Carla regularly challenges conventional thinking.
Today, she travels the world teaching anyone (and everyone) how to cultivate idea-driven teams that identify undetected opportunities that lead to extraordinary outcomes.
Listen as Carla teaches how to implement her 5-Step Perpetual Innovation Process so you can consistently come up with great ideas and communicate the story of your idea through a compelling pitch.
Discussed in this episode
- Where you can find inspiration that will help you tell a more memorable story that actually sticks and leads your audience down the path of emotion
- Understanding that innovative thinking must be ingrained in every employee and that innovation is everybody’s business
- How to distill your observations into patterns and turn it in a way that is relatable and makes perfect sense to your audience
- Making the Perpetual Innovation Process a habit to be able to come up with great ideas in a moment’s notice
- Creating a culture of original thinkers by reverse-engineering back to the individual employee level
- The importance of thinking about the feeling you ultimately want people to feel to be able to craft a great story
- How to look for the incremental opportunities to bring great ideas to a process, situation or company
- Grab a copy of RE:Think Innovation: How the World’s Most Prolific Innovators Come Up with Great Ideas that Deliver Extraordinary Outcomes
- Send Carla your innovation at Carla@CarlaJohnson.co
- Connect with Carla on LinkedIn
- Follow Carla on Twitter
- Follow Carla on Instagram
- Grab your copy of The Narrative Gym for Business
- Click here for your The ABT’s of Selling™ online quick course