We all know when it comes to sales, you need to build rapport and build it fast to win over your customers’ trust. But your message is being lost in the sea of clutter because you’re pushing out facts that nobody remembers, leaving your sales pitches to fall flat and easily forgettable.
Known as the Pitch Whisperer, John Livesay shares in his new book, The Sale Is in the Tale, his five storytelling secrets to keep your sales from drowning in a sea of sameness. John is a keynote speaker who shows sales teams how to turn mundane case studies into compelling case stories so they win more new business.
From his award-winning career at Conde Nast, he shares the lessons he learned that turns sales teams into revenue rock stars. His TEDx talk: Be The Lifeguard of Your Own Life has over 1,000,000 views. John is also a guest lecturer on how to leverage the power of storytelling in sales at multiple universities including the University of Texas at Austin, Pepperdine Graziadio Business School, and University of Chicago Booth School of Business and his book is now required reading for the UTLA (the University of Texas in LA) course on Entertainment and Media studies.
He is the host of The Successful Pitch podcast, which is heard in over 60 countries. He has been interviewed by Larry King and appeared on TV as an expert on the power of storytelling as a sales tool. John currently lives in Austin with Pepe, his King Charles Spaniel, who reminds him every day of the importance of belly rubs.
Listen as John shares how you can turn your sales from being invisible to significant with his five storytelling secrets including creating your Elevator Story to curating your story playlist so you have them at the ready when you need them.
Discussed in this episode
- John’s four structures of stories and examples of how to construct them into your elevator pitch
- The biggest mistakes salespeople are making in their sales pitches
- Finding your origin stories to create real connections and get people to buy you
- Converting your case studies and turning them into case stories to tug at people’s heartstrings
- How to turn your elevator pitch into an elevator story that intrigues
- Creating your own playlist of stories for different avatars
- Grab a copy of John’s book, The Sale is in the Tale
- Connect with John on LinkedIn
- Follow John on Twitter
- Follow John on Instagram
- Tune into John’s podcast, The Successful Pitch with John Livesay
- Grab your copy of The Narrative Gym for Business
- Click here for your The ABT’s of Branding™ online quick course
- Click here for your The ABT’s of Selling™ online quick course
Listen To More Episodes