It’s not too difficult to get your story out there.
There are myriad social media platforms that streamline your content creation process. But, with hordes of videos, blogs, tweets, Snapchats, Instagrams and updates added constantly, it’s difficult for your message to reach the surface in this sea of content.
What can a brand do to stand out? What are the secrets to finding your way into the lives of your audience? Why can a 10-year-old do this stuff better than me? These are the tough questions that struggling media marketers ask every day.
This week features the dynamic social media marketing duo of Amy Schmittauer and Vincenzo Landino.
Amy is the creator and host of the widely successful vlog, Sexy Savvy Social. To the untrained eye, her simple video format may seem ordinary, but the techniques used are remarkably powerful.
Amy has crucial advice for any blogger, vlogger, Youtuber or story marketer trying to get noticed in the cacophony of media. Amy also is the author of bestselling book, Vlog Like a Boss: How to Kill it Online With Video Blogging.
Vincenzo, the creative director of Aftermarq and host of the Brand Boost Podcast, has worked with brands to bring stories to life through creative videos. He helps organizations manifest the “start-up sexy” marketing ideology that commands total brand appeal.
If you’re having trouble getting your voice heard by the right ears, this episode is for you. Tune in for advice and wisdom from two of the world’s best content creators, and you too can learn to navigate through the social media frontier.
In This Episode You’ll Learn
- Skills for successful video marketing creation
- Importance of simplicity and specificity in marketing
- The “do”s and “don’t”s of a brand taking a stand
- “Video creators don’t survive because they lose sight of who they talk to.” – Amy Schmittauer
- “You have to look at the camera like it’s a human being. One human being.” – Amy Schmittauer
- “When you take real action, you have something to show.” – Amy Schmittauer
- “All that matters is that you told your story, not the medium you use or how you told it.” – Vincenzo Landino
- “We don’t have to be everywhere. Nobody wants to see everything of every day.” – Vincenzo Landino
- “Too many people put out too much garbage. It’s not enough to just start blabbing, you gotta have a point.” – Park Howell
Story Marketer of the Week: AirBnB
Now that you’ve listened to the audio from our Story Marketer of the Week section, you’re ready to experience the whole video (and if you haven’t listened yet, you should! Tune in at 35:32). This beautifully crafted advertisement features a simple tale of a man struggling with his past, and the efforts to help him move through the emotional impact. You’ll quickly see why I’ve decided to name AirBnB again as our Story Marketer of the Week.
Mentioned In The Show
- Amy Schmittauer Website
- Amy Schmittauer Twitter
- Savvy Sexy Social
- Savvy Sexy Social Youtube Channel
- Vlog Like a Boss
- Vincenzo Landino
- Vincenzo Landino Twitter
- Brand Boost Podcast
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s HITRECORD
- Oracle Modern Marketing Experience
- Jay Baer
Business Story Strategist, Keynote Speaker and Brand Raconteur
Park Howell is a trusted brand story strategist and sought-after keynote speaker on story marketing. He has helped international brands, including Coca-Cola, Beyer Pharmaceutical, Cummins Diesel, American Express, and United States Air Force.
The widely popular Business of Story podcast helps leaders of purpose-driven organizations clarify their stories to grow revenue and amplify their impact. Each episode brings you the brightest content creators, advertising creatives, authors, screenwriters, makers, marketers, and brand raconteurs that show you how to craft and tell compelling brand stories that sell.Listen To More Episodes