In the first three steps of the Story Cycle System™ to develop your brand narrative strategy, you started where every good story begins, sharing your backstory.
Your backstory is when you declare your #1 position in the market. What you do differently and more distinctively than anyone else.
Your backstory sets the stage to build your brand narrative.
Then you moved to chapter 2 of Brand Bewitchery called Hero’s. This is when you prioritized your top three audiences, the prospects and customers who are at the center of your brand story.
Now in chapter 3, Stakes, you’ll learn how to identify what your audiences truly want relative to your offering
It’s important to understand the difference between their wishes and wants because these two storytelling ingredients help you determine what stories to tell and when depending upon where they are on their journey with you.
What we hear often is that storytellers wish to look smart when they wield the Story Cycle System for their brand stories and they want a proven ROI.
Joshua Glenn and Rob Walker, the creators of the Significant Objects Project, who earned an ROI of 2,800 percent for the inexpensive bobbles they attached a story to, said,
“Stories are such a powerful driver of emotional value that their effect on any given object’s subjective value can actually be measured objectively.”
The drivers that you want to know and connect with your customers is what they truly wish for and want. Then you’ll know what stories to tell to trigger their will to act.
Discussed in this episode:
- How to identify the emotional wishes and physical wants of your customers relative to your brand offering.
- How to measure the ROI of brand storytelling.
- The cost of NOT developing your storytelling culture.
- An examination of the ROI storytelling with the Significant Objects Project.
- Grab your copy of Brand Bewitchery: How to Wield the Story Cycle System™ to Craft Spellbinding Stories for Your Brand
- Christopher Lochhead’s Play Bigger book
- Positioning: The Battle for Your Mind by Al Ries and Jack Trout
Related Episodes You’ll Love:
- #350: How to Craft Your Brand Story Strategy With the Story Cycle System™
- #420: Ch. 1, Backstory: How to Clarity Your Brand Story for Deliberate Growth
- #421: Ch. 2, Heroes: How to Understand Your Customers to Build a Tribe
Your Storytelling Resources:
Connect with me:
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/parkhowell/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BusinessOfStory
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0ssjBuBiQjG9PHRgq4Fu6A
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ParkHowell
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/parkhowell/
- Website: https://businessofstory.com/abt/