Earlier this year, The Harris Poll and Grammarly published a startling report that found American Businesses losing $1.2 trillion annually because of miscommunication. And as our hybrid work world grows, effective communication is more important than ever…and more costly than ever if you don’t get it right.
But you can overcome these communication challenges by knowing where to look for them in your organization and by learning how to become a more confident and compelling storyteller.
A data-driven storyteller, Abbey Lunney, co-author of The State of Business Communication: 2022 Trends, highlights what miscommunication might be costing you and your business. Abbey is the Managing Director of the Thought Leadership Practice at The Harris Poll, a global consulting and market research firm that delivers social intelligence for transformational times.
She builds research-driven insights for clients across industries such as finance, automotive, education, health, and entertainment. Designed to capture emerging tensions and trends from a future-forward lens, her work has been featured at Davos, Cannes, and SXSW, among others.
Tune in as Abbey discusses the findings of two recent studies, The State of Business Communication and The Future Ambition. She shares how these two reports portend the future of business and how clear, confident and compelling communications through storytelling is the way forward.
Discussed in this episode:
- Identifying the gaps that leads to miscommunication in hybrid and remote working models
- The three assumptions about communications that you may be committing that is costing your organization
- Understanding your team’s communication preferences to set up proper structures that are beneficial to all parties
- What tools and strategies you can start using to measure the success of your communication within your organization
- The four consequences of ineffective communication
- The reason behind the rising number in the boomer generation taking part in the Great Resignation
- The death of hustle culture and why people are re-evaluating and redefining what ambition means to them
- Why there is a recalibration around energy management and focusing on quality of life
- Why we are gearing towards living our life in beta
- The importance of building a culture of transparency
- Download The State of Business Communication Report from Grammarly and The Harris Poll
- Download The Future of Ambition Report
- Connect with Abbey on LinkedIn
- Connect with The Harris Poll on LinkedIn
Storytelling Strength Builders: