Your brand story is the essence of your business. People buy from people. People relate to other people. And allowing your customers to see the reason why you are the best person they know they can count on and help them make better decisions is what will create that trust and drive your business forward.
But what makes your brand completely unique? It’s all about being authentic! Being truly genuine and not being afraid to expose your reality to motivate your audience so you can grow your business.
One guy who knows a thing or two about how to just be yourself is John O’Hagan. A former punk band member and co-owner of Restro Real Estate. John has been a Realtor for 14 years, a designated broker for the last 2 years and started Retro Real Estate 3 and a half years ago to go out on his own.
He was the former co-founder and owner of Golden Rule Tattoo which he started in 2010. One of the busiest tattoo shops in metropolitan Phoenix, winning more number one awards than any other tattoo shop in the Valley. And is now the co-founder and owner of Maxwell-O’Hagan Group, a real estate investment and design company that buys and does wild remodels of homes to either re-sell or keep for vacation rentals.
John is also an Instructor at Gracie Arizona where he’s taught Brazilian Jiu Jitsu for over 4 years and has been training and competing all around the world for over 11 years.
John doesn’t come off as your typical real estate dude. Listen to hear his insights on how to rock your authenticity and how you can use your own personal story for professional gain.
Discussed in this episode
- Knowing the stories people really love to hear and how you can use these stories to make you more relatable and be able to build a deeper connection with your customers
- How not being your true authentic self is actually doing you and your business a disservice
- The art of novelty – starting your story with the familiar but making it novel so you can arouse the interest of your audience
- The power of embracing your ‘weird’ in providing someone real for your customers to trust
- Finding your true north by being intentional and leveraging it into your personal storytelling to grow your business
- Follow John on Instagram
- Click here for your The ABT’s of Selling™ online quick course