You might have a brilliant idea for your business endeavor, one that could catapult you and your cause to greatness. But when you try and explain it to your customers, they may not fully grasp your vision. That’s where your explainer video comes in.
Eric Hinson, the founder of Explanify, is here to dive into explainer videos and how to use brand storytelling in your story marketing. Eric is a master at finding the essential story thread wrapped around a concrete idea to create a powerful 90-second video narrative. Today he will explain his explainer video structure, using his “Uncovery” system, and how you can create a captivating short story.
In This Episode, You Will Learn
- The ideal 90-second story structure
- Using the “Uncovery” process to find the heart of your story
- Turning abstract concepts into concrete stories
- “Here is the status quo, here’s what we’re going to do to make this better for you.” – Eric Hinson
- “Nobody buys features, they buy the benefits.” – Eric Hinson
- “It’s about simplifying your story and getting to the core of your message.” – Eric Hinson
- “The whole point of clarity is to meet your business objective.” – Eric Hinson
- “If you have a killer story that takes the mind on a journey, even without good visuals, it will move people.” – Park Howell
- “Don’t overthink creativity.” – Park Howell
Mentioned In The Show
Business Story Strategist, Keynote Speaker and Brand Raconteur
Park Howell is a trusted brand story strategist and sought-after keynote speaker on story marketing. He has helped international brands, including Coca-Cola, Beyer Pharmaceutical, Cummins Diesel, American Express, and United States Air Force.
The widely popular Business of Story podcast helps leaders of purpose-driven organizations clarify their stories to grow revenue and amplify their impact. Each episode brings you the brightest content creators, advertising creatives, authors, screenwriters, makers, marketers, and brand raconteurs that show you how to craft and tell compelling brand stories that sell.Listen To More Episodes