We all experience those gut feelings, that hunch that you should be choosing one direction over another or making a particular decision. And if you can find the courage to follow your intuitive superpower, then you can become a better decision-maker, creatively solve pressing challenges and deepen your connection with others.
But you need to start trusting your gut and be bold enough to act on it! Trust that it is always here to serve you.
Relying solely on your internal compass can be risky business so I’m bringing in Dean Newlund, the founder and CEO of Mission Facilitators International, a boutique training and development firm based out of Phoenix, Arizona whose sole purpose is to help organizations become more connected to their purpose and their people.
With over two decades of observing, learning from, and guiding a diverse set of medium to large companies in over 19 countries including China, the UK, South America, the Middle East, India, Eastern Europe and Indonesia, Dean has always been fascinated by the positive effect purpose-driven leadership and human transformation has had on employee engagement, business results, and sustainable value for customers and communities. He has helped teams behave with the discipline found in successful companies and helps companies act with the supportive culture found in effective teams.
He’s authored dozens of articles and white papers and in 2019, presented on the TEDx stage in Bend, Oregon. He is also the host of a popular podcast called The Business of Intuition. Dean believes that when we understand our purpose, acknowledge our truth, honor our intuition and forge real connections with others, we all have the power to transform our lives and the workplace. As each person cultivates new mindsets and new skills, the fabric of our society is gradually repaired.
Listen as Dean shares how the power of intuition can transform your business leadership including how your gut instincts inform what stories you tell and his three-P formula to help you harness your intuition to its greatest effect.
Discussed in this episode
- Learning to balance analytical and intuitive thinking
- How intuition can make you become a better leader by deepening your listening, broadening your perspectives and opening up space for creative problem-solving
- How our virtuality is impacting your ability to be intuitive
- The importance of building an inclusive, innovative and engaging work culture
- Understanding things don’t always go according to plan and having the confidence to be able to pivot based on what is happening in the present moment
- Dealing with the sensitivity of the world in making sure your intuition doesn’t get you into trouble
- Why it’s important to play your way to purpose
- Connect with Dean on LinkedIn
- Connect with MFI on LinkedIn
- Follow Dean on Twitter
- Follow MFI on Instagram
- Tune in to Dean’s podcast, The Business of Intuition
- Grab your copy of The Narrative Gym for Business
- Click here for your The ABT’s of Selling™ online quick course