How many times have you been confronted with the question, “So Tell Me About Yourself?”
It is one of the most common yet difficult prompts you face as a business storyteller, especially in high stake situations. Do you truly know how to tell your story? One that depicts the story of your life and work in an integrated way but at the same time showcases its value and worth?
Your stories can only be compelling if you have the right structure and methodologies in place so you can truly master your own narrative and capture the benefits of sharing your true self.
In this episode, we have the author of the new book, Story Like You Mean It, and creator of the Peak Storytelling Model, Dr. Dennis Rebelo to help simplify the process for you.
Dr. Dennis Rebelo is a professor, speaker, and career coach. He is known for his research-based method for crafting the narrative of who you are and what drives you and why. All important elements to consider when you’re finding yourself in high stakes presentations. Not only will it help you connect with your audiences authentically but it will convert them into action.
Tune in as we explore his proven three-step story types, learn how to create credibility with your story, and share his must-have tips on how to self-narrate with confidence so you can make the impact in the world you seek.
Discussed in this episode
- Dr. Dennis’ three story types of hero, collaborative and virtuous, and how to order these to form your Peak Story so you can create transformation and showcase its unique value and worth
- Why personal narratives are important to build thoughtful, meaningful relationships and how to make them a core part of your essence
- Why it is necessary to tell your story cross-generationally to help build relational connectivity
- Connect with Dr. Dennis on LinkedIn
- Follow Dr. Dennis on Twitter
- Follow Dr. Dennis on Instagram