We’ve all been talking with someone who tries to explain their services with incomprehensible words. Judiciousness and circumspection are transposed for insouciance sesquipedalian in typifying intrinsic conceptualizations. Or basically, using difficult words to explain simple concepts. A lot of times we don’t even realize we are the ones filling the room with jargon, and it can seriously impact our business relations.
Joining us today is Kathy Klotz-Guest, author of Stop Boring Me!: How to Create Kick-Ass Marketing Content, Products and Ideas Through the Power of Improv, and creator of the term ‘jargon-monoxide.’ Kathy began as an improv artist, and quickly learned the power of storytelling in theater. Since then she has been working as a speaker and educator for business marketing and is bringing that expertise to you. We will be talking about the Seven Step Story Spine, how you can use the ‘once upon a time’ format to build powerful stories in your B2B interactions, eliminating the complexity of your stories, and the importance of overcoming your fear of storytelling.
In This Episode, You Will Learn
- Why it’s important to overcome your fear of storytelling
- How to articulate your b2b story in just one sentence
- How can your company approach story strategy
- “When people feel heard, it spurs more ideas.” – Kathy Klotz-Guest
- “Everything that someone says to you is a gift.” – Kathy Klotz-Guest
“I thought ‘why can’t we just talk to each other like people?’” – Kathy Klotz-Guest
- “Storytelling is a common thread that connects us all because it’s been around since the beginning of time.” – Park Howell
- “We don’t buy with our rational minds, we buy with our emotions.” – Park Howell
- “Very few of us in the business world get educated on how to communicate” – Park Howell
Mentioned In This Episode
About Business of Story Podcast
The Business of Story is hosted by trusted brand story strategist and keynote speaker Park Howell and is among the top business and marketing podcasts geared toward founders, CEOs, entrepreneurs, solopreneurs, and communication leaders.
Each episode brings you the brightest content creators, advertising creatives, authors, screenwriters, makers, marketers, and brand raconteurs that show you how to make your brand story marketing stand out and achieve epic growth in your organization.
Listen To More Episodes