We are in the second surge of COVID-19 and if you’re like most people, you think it won’t happen to you.
But the coronavirus ransacked our brother, Chris. On April 24, we aired his story and what it was like to battle COVID. It is our most downloaded episode in five years of the Business of Story podcast, and some people say his story may have saved some lives.
Since then, many of you have asked how he is doing. Our brother Steve suggested we do a follow-up episode detailing the long-haul journey Chris has been on ever since.
He is again joined by their daughter Dr. Elsie Bigelow as she shares the long haul she’s witnessed during her residency at Scripps Mercy Hospital in San Diego, California.
This is both an uplifting and cautionary tale. The coronavirus and resulting COVID-19 disease have minds of their own, and no one is immune. So use your head out there and remain happy and healthy.
Discussed in this Episode
- Chris’ COVID story that began in March of this year and the details of the long recovery journey that he is currently on
- The challenges that a novel virus brings and the important role science and data has in overcoming them
- What it has been like for Dr. Elsie’s as a resident doctor during this pandemic
- What role human behavior has played in this second wave and how we have the power to shape the outcome of the COVID story
- Why sharing your individual COVID story provides hope and education for others