Every day a story is told on social media that reaches tens of millions of people.
These stories are not big budget films or complex advertising campaigns, they’re created by humans just like you. But many people believe you need an expensive camera and extensive training to create a successful narrative, and that is not true at all. That’s why today we will be explaining how an intimate, authentic origin story is the most effective message.
Joining us is an international superstar. Paola Baldion is a social activist and an award winning actress who has starred in films from Columbia to Italy. Paola is also the creator of the viral video, #IAmMigration.
#IAmMigration is a minute long video shot with a cell phone camera, but within a week, it received over 17 million views in Europe! She knows firsthand that you don’t need a whole crew to send your message, just an authentic story.
Paola and her husband Jamie are working on expanding their project, and aim to turn I Am Migration into a documentary.
They will be traveling across the United States, seeking the origin stories of everyday people. In fact, you may be able to be a part of their movement! Stick around and find out how! Email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In This Episode, You Will Learn
- The power of truly knowing yourself
- Importance of knowing your origin story
- The unique benefits of social media
- “A lot of people don’t know how to be professional, and that’s when their career drops.” – Paola Baldion
- “What I took away the most was to be myself and to be respectful to my co-workers.” – Paola Baldion
- “I want to get an intimate picture of who they are.” – Paola Baldion
- “Nowadays we have no excuse not to get our content out there.” – Paola Baldion
- “It’s not just enough to understand what’s going on, you need to overstand it.” – Park Howell
- “It’s critical to find the hook within your brand.” – Park Howell
Mentioned In The Show
- Paola Baldion
- Paola Baldion Twitter
- Portraits in a Sea of Lies
- Columbia University
- Uta Hagen
- The Long Home
- James Franco
- Pablos Word
- I am Migration
- MyHeritage DNA
Business Story Strategist, Keynote Speaker and Brand Raconteur
Park Howell is a trusted brand story strategist and sought-after keynote speaker on story marketing. He has helped international brands, including Coca-Cola, Beyer Pharmaceutical, Cummins Diesel, American Express, and United States Air Force.
The widely popular Business of Story podcast helps leaders of purpose-driven organizations clarify their stories to grow revenue and amplify their impact. Each episode brings you the brightest content creators, advertising creatives, authors, screenwriters, makers, marketers, and brand raconteurs that show you how to craft and tell compelling brand stories that sell.
Listen To More Episodes