You have a powerful story to tell and you want to communicate it with your audience in a way that will create transformational change and make an undeniable impact in order to convert. But you just can’t seem to find that sweet spot between the potential you see in your ideas and how to translate it so it connects and makes sense to your audience.
In this episode, Tamsen Webster teaches you how to bridge that gap and make the connection of the invisible link between your audience’s problem and the solution your business can answer. Making your story one that will be impossible to resist and will inspire your audience into action.
Tamsen has spent the last twenty years helping experts drive action from their ideas. Part message strategist, part storyteller, part English-to-English translator, her work focuses on how to find and build the stories partners, investors, clients, and customers will tell themselves—and others.
She is a professional advisor at the Martin Trust Center for MIT Entrepreneurship and a mentor for the Harvard Innovation Labs. Serving over eight years as executive producer and idea strategist for one of the oldest locally organized TED Talk events in the world (TEDxCambridge).
Tamsen honed her expertise through work in and for major companies and organizations like Johnson & Johnson, Harvard Medical School, and Intel, along with startups that represent the next wave of innovation in life science, biotech, climate tech, fintech, and pharma.
She was a reluctant marathoner… twice, is a champion ballroom dancer (in her mind), and learned everything she knows about messages, people, and change as a Weight Watchers leader.
Her new book Find Your Red Thread: Make Your Big Ideas Irresistible, gives you a step-by-step system on how to find your Red Thread in your story and how you can turn your big ideas into irresistible storytelling by using its five components in your presentations.
Discussed in this episode
- What is the Red Thread and how you can use its storyline to draw the attention, interest, and action of your audience
- The power of understanding the invisible link between the problem your audience has and the solution your business provides to connect with their heart and mind
- Why it’s important to identify the way people make meaning and how it influences them to make changes that lead to big action
- How to articulate your idea into the language of your audience – one that makes intuitive and intellectual sense to create a clear and powerful message
- Connect with Tamsen on LinkedIn
- Follow Tamsen on Twitter
- Follow Tamsen on Instagram
- Click here for your The ABT’s of Selling™ online quick course