Imagine building a successful 17-year-old company doing north of $100 million in annual revenue and then renaming, rebranding, reframing your story.
Nuts, right? What happens to all of that tremendous brand equity you have generated?
Well, that’s exactly what today’s guest successfully orchestrated to help entrepreneurs and small business owners succeed through thick and through thin.
Clate Mask is co-founder and CEO of Keap, formerly Infusionsoft, which makes small business sales and marketing automation software.
Clate is the New York Times bestselling author of Conquer the Chaos: how to grow a successful small business without going crazy. He started Infusionsoft as a custom software shop headquartered in a strip mall in Mesa, Arizona 2001 with brothers Eric and Scott Martineau. Over the years, and under his leadership the company has evolved to what it is today, a three-time Inc 500 ranked company with nearly 20,000+ die-hard users of its web-based marketing and sales automation.
Today you’ll learn how Infusionsoft refined its brand story to become Keap and how the organization used agile communications through powerful storytelling to rebuild its culture to empower and liberate entreprenuers.
Discussed in this episode:
- Why Clate went to work to find a job
- What happens when Venture Capital executives buy into a company at the expense of its culture?
- How to resurrect your company culture through the power of an aspirational brand story.
- Why you must hire and fire in service to your purpose, value and mission.
- Why leadership, sales and marketing must be in lockstep and how to get there.
- The five-step customer journey of Contact, Suspect, Prospect, Customer, and Lifetime Advocate.
Related Episodes You’ll Love:
- #373: 5 Agile Conversations That Make Your Business Storytelling More Influential
- #372: Your MBA Class on Business Storytelling in Under 60 Minutes
- #367: How to Use Agile Communications to Scale Your Growth
Storytelling Strength Builders:
Connect with me:
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/parkhowell/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BusinessOfStory
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0ssjBuBiQjG9PHRgq4Fu6A
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ParkHowell
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/parkhowell/
- Website: https://businessofstory.com/abt/