Learn the six stories you need to know to be a powerful business communicator, and why story morals are integral to your success.
Have you ever found yourself in a tough spot due to poor communication? How many conflicts have arisen at your work due to a lack of conversation, or an inability to correctly articulate your thoughts? What does this have to do with storytelling?
Its human nature to stand up for yourself and defend your ideas, but when an entire business stands their ground, the result can be detrimental. In order to keep your team on the same page, you need a concrete method of relating to their core values.
Joining us this week is Annette Simmons, president of Group Process Consulting and author of the award-winning book, The Story Factor. Annette has assisted with organizations such as Microsoft or NASA and understands how powerful a story can be when working with a group. Using her Six Stories Everybody Needs to Know, you too can learn how a simple narrative will not only help build your brand story strategy but will help you communicate dexterously in all areas of your life.
In This Show, You’ll Learn:
- The six stories everybody needs to know
- How does authenticity benefit your stories?
- Importance of adhering to your audience’s values
- “Storytelling is about tapping into a common human value that is relatable to the audience” – Annette Simmons
- “Storytelling brings humanity back to the places it’s gone missing.” – Annette Simmons
- “People will not listen to you if you go straight into your pitch; they want to know who you are” – Annette Simmons
- “These stories need to be based on values. It’s really hard to relate to numbers.” – Annette Simmons
- “The things that make a great story make a great life.” – Park Howell
- “You’re trying to get people to live into their future.” – Park Howell
Mentioned in this episode:
- Annette Simmons
- Annette Simmons Twitter
- The Story Factor
- Whoever Tells the Best Story Wins
- A Safe Place for Dangerous Truths
- Joseph Campbell’s The Hero’s Journey
- Fons Trompenaars
- Riding the Wave of Culture
- US News
Business Story Strategist, Keynote Speaker and Brand Raconteur
Park Howell is a trusted brand story strategist and sought-after keynote speaker on story marketing. He has helped international brands, including Coca-Cola, Beyer Pharmaceutical, Cummins Diesel, American Express, and United States Air Force.
The widely popular Business of Story podcast helps leaders of purpose-driven organizations clarify their stories to grow revenue and amplify their impact. Each episode brings you the brightest content creators, advertising creatives, authors, screenwriters, makers, marketers, and brand raconteurs that show you how to craft and tell compelling brand stories that sell.Listen To More Episodes