Every day dozens of brands sneak into your mind. This genius performance of brand marketing happens on a level so subtle, you often won’t recognize it has happened. How is this possible?
In recent years, brand strategists have begun to harness a powerful yet underutilized tool; audio. TV commercials, radio ads, even ringtones can bring a message to millions of customers with a well-placed sound bite.
Today you will learn the power of sounds.
Founder of CMoore Sounds, Connor Moore is a world-renowned sound designer and composer who uses his experience to help develop a brand’s Sonic ID. Sound design is a critical aspect of any multimedia project, and the right audio can turn a good brand into a legendary brand.
We explore the ideas of Sonic Branding, how subliminal music can be most effective and telling a story through music. Would you have ever guessed you could create a story without words? Connor will show you how.
In This Show, You’ll Learn
- The power found in iconic sonic brands
- How music subtly but powerfully rounds out the brand experience
- Where sonic storytelling is headed and how you can use it in your business
- “Sound is proven to touch people on a very visceral or emotional level that other mediums cant.” – Connor Moore
- “Sound design is ultimately about creating an experience and telling a brand’s story through audio.” – Connor Moore
- “It’s one thing if you just deliver music for the brand, but if it doesn’t meet the customer’s experience, you’re in trouble.” – Connor Moore
- “Music is more powerful when you understand the background story and history.” – Connor Moore
- “When music is written well, you don’t even notice it. It comes in and works.” – Park Howell
Mentioned in this episode
- Connor Moore
- Connor Moore Twitter
- CMoore Sound
- NPR Marketplace Interview with Connor Moore
- Fender Stratocaster
- Max Richter
Business Story Strategist, Keynote Speaker, and Brand Raconteur
Park Howell is a trusted brand story strategist and sought-after keynote speaker on story marketing. He has helped international brands, including Coca-Cola, Beyer Pharmaceutical, Cummins Diesel, American Express, and United States Air Force.
The widely popular Business of Story podcast helps leaders of purpose-driven organizations clarify their stories to grow revenue and amplify their impact. Each episode brings you the brightest content creators, advertising creatives, authors, screenwriters, makers, marketers, and brand raconteurs that show you how to craft and tell compelling brand stories that sell.Listen To More Episodes