Six weeks ago, I flopped down in front of the fire on a brisk Northern Arizona Tuesday morning, grabbed my coffee, flipped open my laptop and there was Seth Godin’s daily email.
I opened it and read about his new book coming out this week, The Song of Significance.
I’ve been producing my podcast for eight years and I often toyed with the idea of inviting Seth onto the show. I thought what better time than now when he has a new book to promote?
So I jotted off an email at about 6:45 am my time. Within 15 minutes, Seth replied and said he’d be happy to be on The Business of Story. His quick response took me by surprise, given the stature of this particular marketing consultant and teacher.
I’m delighted to bring you the conversation I had with Seth about his management book for a new era and a new generation.
Seth Godin, a renowned author, entrepreneur, and marketing guru, has captivated audiences worldwide with his visionary insights and groundbreaking ideas.
With numerous bestsellers to his name, including “Purple Cow” and “The Dip,” Godin is a leading voice in business, innovation, and personal development. His latest literary masterpiece, The Song of Significance further solidifies his status as a prolific thinker and influential writer.
Through vivid storytelling and thought-provoking anecdotes, Godin takes readers on a transformative journey, exploring the profound concept of significance and its impact on our lives.
“As we mechanize, routinize and surveille every employee we haven’t already replaced, outsourced or automated, it’s become clear that work isn’t what it used to be. Bosses are letting down their employees just as quickly as employees seem to be letting down their bosses,” according to Seth.
With his characteristic wit and eloquence, Godin inspires readers to reject societal expectations and instead cultivate their unique talents and contributions. By unlocking the power of significance, he empowers us to lead lives that are not only personally rewarding but also make a lasting impact on the world around us.
The Song of Significance serves as a rallying cry for individuals seeking meaning in a world driven by superficial measures of achievement.
As Seth Godin’s most audacious work to date, “The Song of Significance” is destined to become a modern classic, guiding generations to come towards a deeper understanding of their own significance and the true nature of success.
Discussed in this episode:
- The story that inspired his latest book.
- How you can toss the shackles of conventional thinking and create your own significance.
- In this moment of resignation, rebirth and reimagining work, it’s possible to see the fork in the road.
- Seth Godin on LinkedIn
- Seth’s Blog
- Seth on Instagram
- Seth on Facebook
- The Song of Significance book
- Purple Cow: Transform Your Business by Being Remarkable
- All Marketers Are Liars: The Power of Telling Authentic Stories in a Low-Trust World
Related Episodes You’ll Love:
- #101: How to Tell Stories on Purpose to Grow Revenue and Amplify Your Impact with Park Howell
- #355: How to Leverage Brand Fiction for Real ROI with Jay Steinfeld
- #408: How to Use the Power of Everyday Stories with Bernadette Jiwa
Your Storytelling Resources:
Connect with me:
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/parkhowell/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BusinessOfStory
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0ssjBuBiQjG9PHRgq4Fu6A
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ParkHowell
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/parkhowell/
- Website: https://businessofstory.com/abt/