So many brands are counting on influencer marketing for business success. But how do you determine whether a creator is a good fit for building awareness about your brand and will tell your story the way you intended to tell it in the first place?
It’s not about the influencers, but the influence. It’s focusing your efforts on collaborating with people who are persuasive to your audience.
He’s called a thought leader and an expert but has also been called bad names by trolls. Jason Falls, is a leading digital strategy for Cornett, a full-service advertising agency based in Lexington, Ky., named the Southeast’s Small Agency of the Year by Ad Age in 2021.
There, Jason leads digital strategy and hosts two marketing podcasts, Digging Deeper and Winfluence. His work has touched a number of major brands and has been recognized with several national and many regional awards including a 2020 Shorty Award for his influencer marketing work.
His third book, Winfluence: Reframing Influencer Marketing to Ignite Your Brand, was published in February 2021 from Entrepreneur Press. He is also the executive producer of the Marketing Podcast Network.
Listen as Jason shares how to use storytelling to ignite your influencer marketing success, why you need to shift your thinking from “influencer” marketing to “influence” marketing, how to leverage influential people to help tell your story and the two major shifts he sees coming in influence marketing.
Discussed in this episode:
- Why you need to be giving the influencer control over your story
- The legal aspects of influencer marketing
- How to avoid influencer partnerships going wrong
- What it takes to become a successful influencer to land brand partnerships and how you can approach brands to assist with their marketing strategies
- The importance of trusting the creator to take the information you want to convey and do it in a way that is true to them and their audience
- The biggest mistakes brands make when identifying the right influencer
- Where to find influencers and the discovery tools you can start using
- Why influencer marketing is not about the follower counts
- Looking at influence marketing beyond the online space to be strategic and more effective
- How to manage your content to ensure you have consistency with the influencers that tell your story
- Grab your copy of Winfluence: Reframing Influencer Marketing to Ignite Your Brand
- Connect with Jason on LinkedIn
- Connect with Cornett on LinkedIn
- Follow Jason on Twitter
- Follow Jason on Instagram
- Watch TheUnlockr partnership with GE Profile on YouTube, What is Induction Cooking? (& Why It’s the Coolest Way to Cook)
- Learn more about the influencer marketing tool, Izea
- Learn more about the podcast discovery tool, Podchaser
- Learn more about the subscription-based social media platform, OnlyFans
Storytelling Strength Builders: