The Super Bowl is one of the most anticipated sporting events of the year. Getting the audience excited about the big game all year round isn’t the easiest thing to master. But for the story to win and not fumble on game day, it’s all in the conversation that you’re driving in advance of and after the Super Bowl.
One man who knows the high stakes involved in being fully in charge of keeping the premier sporting event’s story alive way before, during and after the big game is Jeramie McPeek. Jeramie is an award-winning thought leader, journalist, speaker and digital consultant, with more than two decades of experience telling stories and achieving business objectives through traditional print, online, social and mobile channels.
After spending 24 years with the Phoenix Suns, most recently as VP of Digital & Brand Strategy, Jeramie launched his own consulting business in October 2016, Jeramie McPeek Communications. He has worked for such iconic sports brands as the NFL, NBA, WNBA, Fiesta Bowl, YouFit Health Clubs, Talking Stick Resort Arena, as well as non-sports entities including Dignity Health AZ, FamilyLife ministries. He has also worked with a number of high-profile individuals such as a U.S. Senator, a celebrity chef and a pro wrestling legend.
Named one of the country’s top 30 online sports marketers in 2014, Jeramie has been a featured or keynote speaker at more than 30 conferences throughout the country, as well as overseas in Amsterdam, Melbourne, Dublin, London, Berlin and Slovenia.
A graduate of Arizona State University’s Walter Cronkite School of Journalism, Jeramie has worked on social media campaigns for multiple Super Bowls, as well as the Pope’s visit to the U.S. in 2015, and has had more than a thousand articles published in national magazines over the past 25 years.
Tune in as Jeramie shares the highs and lows of guiding storytelling around the big game and what it takes to keep the social media story rolling all year long.
Discussed in this episode
- How to engage consumers early and combine a social media strategy to drive the conversation
- Leveraging each social media channel to get a community involved and excited
- What to consider when planning your social posts and determining the best content to post that will make a difference
- How Jeramie captured the environment and atmosphere to get their built-in audience excited about next year’s Super Bowl
- Grabbing the best story angle to tell the story in the most unique, fun and engaging way
- What not to do on social media
- A sneak peek into their promo plans for next year’s Super Bowl
- The effect of COVID on live games and how brands are focused on enhancing the fan experience
- The importance of being intentional with your social media strategy
- Connect with Jeramie on LinkedIn
- Follow Jeramie on Twitter
- Follow Jeramie on Instagram
- Follow Jeramie on TikTok
- Follow Jeramie McPeek Communications on Facebook
- Follow Jeramie on Gondola
- See the Brady / Elvis Tweet
- See the Katy Perry Shot on Vine
- Grab your copy of The Narrative Gym for Business
- Click here for your The ABT’s of Branding™ online quick course
- Click here for your The ABT’s of Selling™ online quick course
Listen To More Episodes