Let’s face it, people are the only competitive advantage you have left in business. And in order to attract the best and brightest, they must embrace your organization’s culture and expectations.
But you don’t want everyone. You have to repel people, too. So create a “smart filter” within your employer brand storytelling to that acts like a dog whistle to attract only those who are a fit.
My guest Bryan Adams, founder of Ph.Creative and author of Give and Get Employer Branding, shares how to help people self-select based on what it’s really like to be part of your organization for a sustainable, productive, and happy culture by design.
Discussed in this Episode
- The difference between employer branding and consumer branding
- Why organizations should embrace their adversities and tensions and why transparency through their storytelling is crucial
- The difference between U.S. brands and European brands in regards to their ability to be open and vulnerable and embrace such an approach for their internal branding
- How has COVID-19 affected employee engagement, retention and career development
- The key takeaways and lessons from Bryan’s new book, Give & Get Employer Branding
Resources & Links
- Give & Get Employer Branding: Repel the Many and Compel the Few with Impact, Purpose and Belonging
- Getting Goosebumps: a pragmatic guide to effective Inbound Marketing: Emotionally connect with your audience and achieve your business objectives
- Business of Story Episode #18: Creating Goosebumps with Your Business Storytelling
- Connect with Bryan on Linkedin
- Follow Bryan on Twitter
- Follow Bryan on Instagram
- Connect with Ph.Creative on Facebook
- Brand Bewitchery
- Business of Story online course