You tell stories as a business, sales or marketing leader because you know how they connect and build your influence.
But we all default to bad storytelling habits, like telling instead of showing. Leading with NUMBers instead of drama to place your data into context. Or worse…
Steve is now an international business storytelling consultant. He helps designers, entrepreneurs and academics tell great stories about their work. Steve reckons he has told over 20,000 stories in his career – so can probably help you tell yours.
Today you’ll learn several of the storytelling tactics Steve shares in his deck, including…
Discussed in this episode:
- How to stop using long words and exhausting sentences.
- The cure for Expertitis.
- How to call up the momentous power of moments in your business storytelling.
- How to fire up the theater of the mind.
- Why you should avoid Zebra Language at all cost.
- Why you should never discount the other side of the story.
- The annoying storytelling habit you must break to be more influential and persuasive.
Related Episodes You’ll Love:
- #05: Why We’re Storytelling Animals with Jonathan Gottschall
- #101: How to Tell Stories on Purpose to Grow Revenue and Amplify Your Impact with Park Howell
- #373: 5 Agile Conversations That Make Your Business Storytelling More influential with Douglas Squirrel & Jeffrey Frederick
Storytelling Strength Builders:
Connect with me:
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/parkhowell/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BusinessOfStory
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0ssjBuBiQjG9PHRgq4Fu6A
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ParkHowell
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/parkhowell/
- Website: https://businessofstory.com/abt/