One thing we can probably all agree on is that we’ve never lived in a more polarized time. But on either side of an argument, facts just don’t work when you want to try to change someone’s mind. If you focus on using story to help your audience comprehend your story internally in their own hearts and minds, your message has a much higher chance of being understood, appreciated and remembered.
On this week’s show we have one of my favorite authors on storytelling, Lisa Cron, here to talk about her new amazing book, Story or Die: How to Use Brain Science to Engage, Persuade, and Change Minds in Business and in Life. It’s a step-by-step guide to using the brain’s hardwired need for story to achieve any goal.
Lisa is a story coach, speaker, and the author of Wired for Story and Story Genius. Tune in as we explore the art of practical empathy and why your audiences are moved by emotion – not data.
Discussed in this Episode
- why we use story and not facts to make sense of everything
- how to figure out the real reason WHY your target audience isn’t doing what you hope they will
- why every decision and memory we make is emotion based or emotion driven and why we misunderstand what emotion is and its role in our lives
- Story or Die: How to Use Brain Science to Engage, Persuade, and Change Minds in Business and in Life
- Lisa Cron’s books on Amazon
- Follow Lisa on Twitter
- #10: Your Audience is Wired for Story