As humans, we often need to engage in negations. And COVID-19 has made these negotiating skills even more important. For instance you may be negotiating with your kids at home to do their homework and remain quiet while you do your work. You negotiate what Netflix shows to binge-watch with your spouse or partner. You negotiate pricing with your clients. You may be negotiating to retain your ability to continue to work from home as business starts re-opening. You may be negotiating a salary raise or cut, a career move, or even trying to land that new job during these disruptive times.
But, just like our storytelling, most of us just wing it when it comes to negotiating.
So internationally renowned negotiation expert, Martin Latz will help you sharpen your negotiating skills so you can win the day. Marty Latz is the founder of Latz Negotiation, a national negotiation training and consulting company that helps individuals and organizations achieve better results with best practices based on the experts’ research. He also has two bestselling books: Gain the Edge! and The Real Trump Deal: An Eye-Opening Look at How He Really Negotiates.
Discussed in this Episode
- How to properly prepare for a negotiation
- Why storytelling is such a powerful component for strategic negotiations
- Tips and tricks for how to incorporate storytelling into the negotiation process
- How to decipher what sorts of stories to share to increase your negotiating leverage
Resources & Links
- Latz Negotiation
- Gain the Edge!
- The Real Trump Deal: An Eye-Opening Look at How He Really Negotiates
- Powerful Stories Influence Negotiations
- Connect with Marty on Linkedin
- Connect with Marty on Facebook
- Follow Marty on Twitter
- Brand Bewitchery
- Business of Story online course
- The Social Media Storytellers Facebook Group
- Start your 30-day free trial of Sendible today. Don’t forget to use our special link to get 30% off the Traction plan: sendible.com/park30
- Learn more about Sendible’s special offer for businesses affected by COVID-19