My mission for Business of Story is to help you become a better storyteller. When you have this powerful skill, you will achieve greatness. But most of our guests are already brand storytelling experts, with years of experience. Today, we will be showing you the process in action.
is full of ignorant and often malicious marketing ‘gurus,’ taking advantage of naive young entrepreneurs. That is why Tim has taken action, working to right the wrongs and teach novice marketers skills that will benefit them for the rest of their lives.
Listen how Temitayo uncovers his brand purpose and finds his category using the Story Cycle, and how you can too. This process is our tried and true method that can bring your story to life.
This is the second episode in our series that focuses on assisting our beloved listeners. If you would like to be on the show, or even just chat with me for a bit, please give me a call! I would love to hear your story.
In This Episode, You Will Learn
- How to find your category in the market
- What are your specialties? What makes you unique?
- Clarifying your purpose driven story
- “It’s not about what you make, it’s about what you make happen in people’s lives” – Park Howell
- “You need to humanize what you’re talking about in your market position.” – Park Howell
- “A lot of the decisions we make are based on how they affect our reputation.” – Park Howell
- “A lot of bad advice is being spread unknowingly. Their opinions are based on the experience they just don’t have.” – Temitayo Osinubi
- “There’s a lot of conflicting advice, and there’s a lot of bad advice. It can be a very disenchanting process.” – Temitayo Osinubi
Mentioned In The Show
- Temitayo Osinubi
- Temitayo Osinubi Twitter
- Beyond Buzzwords
- Marketing Disenchanted
- Greater Dayton Real Estate Investors Association
- Jay Baer
- The Wizard of Oz
- Sally Hogshead
- Gary Vaynerchuk
- Grey’s Anatomy
Business Story Strategist, Keynote Speaker and Brand Raconteur
Park Howell is a trusted brand story strategist and sought-after keynote speaker on story marketing. He has helped international brands, including Coca-Cola, Beyer Pharmaceutical, Cummins Diesel, American Express, and United States Air Force.
The widely popular Business of Story podcast helps leaders of purpose-driven organizations clarify their stories to grow revenue and amplify their impact. Each episode brings you the brightest content creators, advertising creatives, authors, screenwriters, makers, marketers, and brand raconteurs that show you how to craft and tell compelling brand stories that sell.Listen To More Episodes