On Friday, I had the honor of producing a half-day Business of Story training for Tommy Mello’s amazing team at A1 Garage Doors.
In fact, I mentioned to a few of my friends about the training, and I was blown away by how many of them have used A1 and the rave reviews that followed.
But then again I shouldn’t have been surprised. Because Tommy and his team are crazy about leadership and customer service training. That’s probably why they’ve grown from a single service in Phoenix to more than 600 employees operating in 18 states.
I had fun working in-person at A1’s excellent Phoenix training facility (I mean, just look at it) #team while also hosting a number of their colleagues around the country on ZOOM.
Tommy tells stories to connect with everyone from his colleagues to his customers. He demonstrates the ROI of storytelling by growing from a single shop in Phoenix Arizona to a $100 million-plus home service business with more than 600 people operating in 17 states and growing.
He follows a philosophy of working smart, building the right connections, and being 100 percent committed to supporting his team in every aspect of their lives. He provides employees with business development and life coaching opportunities and he spends a significant time on local philanthropic efforts.
Tommy is also the Author of the book Home Service Millionaire and his new book Elevate coming early next year.
Discussed in this episode:
- How to recruit, train and retain top talent with your storytelling.
- Why storytelling is the lifeblood of sales and customer service.
- Tommy’ secret sauce to success you can use to build your business.
- A1 Garage Door Service
- Tommy Mello on LinkedIn
- Tommy on Twitter
- Home Service Millionaire
- Home Service Expert podcast
Related Episodes You’ll Love:
- #384: Organizing Your Organizational/Life Purpose with Storytelling with Jeff Dudan
- #375: How to Make Your Own Luck With the Right Storytelling Formula with Mark Lachance
- #372: Your MBA Course on Business Storytelling in Under 60 Minutes with Karen Padilla
Storytelling Strength Builders:
Connect with me:
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/parkhowell/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BusinessOfStory
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0ssjBuBiQjG9PHRgq4Fu6A
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ParkHowell
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/parkhowell/
- Website: https://businessofstory.com/abt/