Most leaders believe those practical, hard skills that conform to a job description will take themselves and their people to the next level.
But soft skills are where it’s at. Your ability to reconnect with your authentic self will help you deeply connect with that colleague or customer sitting across from you. Plus, you will find a better fit with your interests and talents to grow your career.
Paula White shares how you can change your leadership soundtrack to work for you and how to uncover and develop your Side B tracks in her new book, The B Side: Remix Your Leadership Style. Paula has an unwavering passion for music that she applies to open new perspectives and possibilities for leaders. She is a globally recognized sales expert who has leveraged her talents to scale Inside Sales Teams into multi-million stand-alone sales channels. Helping organizations achieve 8% – 10% yearly compounded growth, demonstrating success in a wide variety of industries to include travel and tourism, investments, veterinary and healthcare distribution.
Paula has served as a member of the American Association of Inside Sales Professionals Advisory Board and was previously honored as a Top 25 Most Influential Sales Leader recipient for three consecutive years by the organization. Impressively being recognized as the award winner of Excellence in Execution in 2017.
Listen as Paula shows how to capitalize on your b-side so you can become a more influential leader by reconnecting with your authentic story through the power of music.
Discussed in this episode
- Developing an awareness of your emotional-based traits
- Creating your Personal Leadership Playlist to effectively manage yourself, your emotions and your moods
- Identifying who you are as the player in your corporate band and understanding your role to develop your Side B behavioral traits
- How you can foster an environment of loyalty, engagement, focus and retention
- Why you need to be going on a self-awareness journey to gain clarity on your unique leadership style to better support the people your serve
- Take Paula’s Side-B Legacy Behavior Assessment
- Connect with Paula on LinkedIn
- Connect with Side B Consulting on LinkedIn
- Listen to Episode 222: Why Your Brand Storytelling Needs to be Familiar, But Novel with Derek Thompson
- Listen to Episode 291: How to Use Music to Share Your Story Moments with Brian Mohr
- Listen to Episode 305: Grammy Artist Shares the Rhythm of a Good Story with Freddie Ravel
- Grab your copy of The Narrative Gym for Business
- Click here for your The ABT’s of Branding™ online quick course
- Click here for your The ABT’s of Selling™ online quick course