You know how invaluable committed employees are to the success of your brand and the growth of your revenue.
But do you know the cost of losing a colleague? Studies show that it will cost you 150+ percent of a middle manager’s annual salary to replace them.
If they’re making $80,000 per year (which is extremely conservative), it will cost you in the neighborhood of $120,000 to replace them.
It doesn’t sound right, does it?
You can quickly run the numbers of those people running out your door with the new Business of Story Attrition Calculator.
See for yourself what it costs you every time you lose an employee.
It ain’t pretty. And it’s extremely expensive.
So how do you retain your top talent?
Start by crafting and telling compelling stories that they will buy into and prosper from.
Joey Coleman, Chief Composer of Design Symphony, helps companies keep their customers and employees.
As an award-winning speaker, Joey works with organizations around the world ranging from small startups to major brands such as Volkswagen Australia, Zappos, and Whirlpool.
His First 100 Days® methodology fuels the remarkable experiences his clients deliver and dramatically improves their profits.
His two books have received critical acclaim and both were instant Wall Street Journal best sellers. Never Lose a Customer Again, offers strategies and tactics for turning one-time purchasers into lifelong customers.
His newest book, Never Lose an Employee Again, details a framework companies around the world can use to reduce turnover and increase employee engagement.
Joey says that the more you can see the story from the other person’s point of view, the more you can create experiences that will keep your desired audience engaged and interested.
Discussed in this episode:
- How to get clear on your audience and which part of that audience is being served by which story.
- Balancing the unique details with the extraneous information in your stories.
- How “Boomeranging” a story is a great way to create a remarkable experience for the audience.
- Joey Coleman on LinkedIn
- Never Lose an Employee Again: The Simple Path to Remarkable Retention book
- Workbook for Never Lose and Employee Again
- The ROI of Storytelling and the Cost of Being Boring
- Estimate your employee quitting costs with The Business of Story Attrition Calculator
Listen to Related Episodes You’ll Love:
- #157: Using Journey Maps to Tell Customer and Employee Stories with Annette Franz
- #198: How to Inspire People With Your Purpose-Driven Brand Story with Adam Goodman
- #221: How to Align Employees With Your Brand Story with Christopher Wallace
Your Storytelling Resources:
Connect with me:
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/parkhowell/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BusinessOfStory
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0ssjBuBiQjG9PHRgq4Fu6A
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ParkHowell
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/parkhowell/
- Website: https://businessofstory.com/abt/