A few weeks ago, I was doing some one-on-one storytelling coaching with Sabrina Hansen, Senior Director of Strategic Relationships at Embark Behavioral Health, followed by a half-day session with their team. She was preparing her speech for their conference and had this line in it that I love…
“Be the best part of someone’s day.”
In fact, I loved it so much that I pulled out my dad’s old label maker and punched out that saying and attached it to my monitor as a reminder to be the best part of someone’s day.
On today’s show, Sabrina shares how she learned to use tales about her personal moments that have shaped who she is today.
She uses her moments to build trust with her colleagues, clients and the communities she serves.
While earning her Master’s in Social Work, Sabrina joined a telehealth pilot program serving vulnerable populations during the COVID-19 pandemic.
She has spread her mission of compassion and well-being in her work for a nationally recognized non-profit healthcare organization, one of the largest global cosmetics companies, and a four-diamond luxury destination resort focusing on wellness, nutrition, fitness, and personal transformation.
Sabrina has also served as a volunteer for the American Cancer Society for over 7 years. In her professional career,
Today, you’ll learn from Sabrina how to excavate your own personal stories to create professional bonds and trust, the importance of finding the courage to redefine yourself when the universe throws you a curve ball, and how one simple goal of being the best part of someone’s day will make a world of difference in your career.
Discussed in this episode:
- How to build trust.
- What genuine connections look and feel like.
- How to find the moments that inform who you are today
- The personal power that happens when you leave your comfort zone.
- Embark Behavioral Health
- Sabrina Hansen on LinkedIn
- Park’s TedxTalk: Start Looking for Your Scenes and Your Story Will Find You
Related Episodes You’ll Love:
- #270: Behavioral Health Marketing Secrets for Engaging Virtual Events with Thomas Ahern of Embark Behavioral Health
- #271: Can TV Entertainment Educate on Health and Societal Issues? with Kate Folb, Director of Hollywood, Health & Society at USC’s Annenberg School Norman Lear Center
- #370: How to Overcome Stigma With Your Story with Erik Osland and Sentari Minor of evolvedMD
Your Storytelling Resources:
Connect with me:
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/parkhowell/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BusinessOfStory
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0ssjBuBiQjG9PHRgq4Fu6A
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ParkHowell
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/parkhowell/
- Website: https://businessofstory.com/abt/