Your brand and its story are an assemblage of what you value, believe and do.
But if you don’t pay close attention to how you assemble and communicate the meaning behind your brand then you stand to lose in the marketplace because you will blend in amid a myriad of competitors.
After all, we live in a land of abundance. Everyone including you has innumerable options when buying just about anything.
So how do you assemble your brand story that truly helps you stand out in the crowd?
Emmanuel Probst has a plan.
He is the Global Lead of brand thought leadership at Ipsos, an adjunct professor at the University of California at Los Angeles and a Wall Street Journal and USA Today best-selling author of Brand Hacks and his new book Assemblage.
He believes that brands can no longer force-feed us a plethora of products we don’t need. To succeed brands must transform us and the world we live in by creating transformative brands that combine personal, social and cultural attributes.
As I’ve often said, “The brand narrative that illustrates what you stand for is the platform your storytelling culture is built on to make you stand out.”
Emmanuel’s background combines over 17 years of market research and marketing experience with strong academic achievements.
At Ipsos, he supports numerous Fortune 100 companies by providing them with a full understanding of their customer’s journey. His clients span a wide range of industries, including consumer packaged goods, retail, financial services, advertising agencies and media outlets.
Emmanuel holds an MBA in Marketing from the University of Hull, United Kingdom and a Doctorate in Consumer Psychology from the University of Nottingham Trent, United Kingdom, he teaches Consumer Market Research at UCLA and writes about consumer psychology for numerous publications.
Today you’ll learn how he guides his clients through the personal, social and cultural attributes you need to tell stories that not only sell products, but make a positive impact on people and the world.
Discussed in this episode:
- The three-step Assemblage method.
- How brands transform me, my world, and the world.
- Why perception is truth.
- Is being a purpose-driven brand still a differentiator?
Related Episodes You’ll Love:
- #346: The ABT’s of Branding: How to Romance Your Customer With Your Story with Park Howell
- #231: How to Tell a Purpose-Driven Brand Story That Works with Raphael Bemporad
- #277: Kenny Aranoff’s Legendary Purpose-Driven Brand Story with Kenny Aranoff
Your Storytelling Resources:
Connect with me:
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/parkhowell/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BusinessOfStory
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0ssjBuBiQjG9PHRgq4Fu6A
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ParkHowell
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/parkhowell/
- Website: https://businessofstory.com/abt/