Are you exhausted spending hours cranking out social media posts but not ever really knowing what’s working, or what’s a total waste of your time and client’s money?
Are you racing around trying to stay consistent with your posting schedule or get more social media followers and feeling guilty about not having the time and energy to properly service the ones you already have?
Do you dread sharing those monthly social reports because you don’t really know if you’re making an impact or resonating with your target audiences?
Or wasting hundreds of dollars on an unreliable social media management platform that’s not delivering ROI?
Maybe you’re advertising to stay ahead of the algorithm, but instead throwing your money away because your ads get lost in the feed, blocked by ad blockers or simply fall on deaf ears.
Lots of social media managers and agency owners feel the same way. And it can be hard to know where exactly to start to get to the root of the problem.
As marketers, we all know that there has been an undeniable shift in the world.
We live in a world of constant interruptions. There’s an infinite supply of content to consume – all competing for our precious time.
And with so much more content being consumed on mobile, we’re literally just a push notification away from losing someone’s attention.
Attention spans have continued to dwindle. We have mere seconds to grab someone’s attention.
More and more people are installing ad blockers, often rendering digital advertising ineffective. In fact, new reports are showing that over 40% of desktop browser users have an ad blocker installed.
People are getting increasingly better at ignoring things, especially if they are salesy and inauthentic. So even, if your ads are seen, people are skimming past if the content doesn’t capture their attention.
So, what do we do to drive awareness and get more attention?
First, we need to stop interrupting what people are interested in and be what people are interested in.
People could care less about how wonderful your product or service is. They want to hear about the challenges you’ve faced along the way and the lessons you’ve learnt as you’ve overcome them, so that they too can become versions of themselves. That’s what gets their attention!
To cut through the noise on social media and to be successful, you have to become a good storyteller.
You need to reach your audience with the right message at the right times.
Story marketing is what is now breathing life into thousands of brands around the world.
Watch the webinar below to discover how to:
- Show ROI for your social media efforts
- See what is and isn’t working with your audiences
- Learn how to effectively share your brand stories online
- Save time and money managing your brand’s social media presence or your clients’
- Break through the noise and get people to actually pay attention to and engage with your content
- Learn how thousands of global brands are killing it with story marketing on the industry’s most robust online social media management platform
How we manage social media at Business of Story
Many of you have been following the Business of Story on social media for a while now. And if you’re not, I hope you do. We share valuable business storytelling tips to help your brand stand out among the noise.
Our formula is pretty straightforward.
- We often recycle our content because our audience is always growing, and as we said before, there’s a lot of content people scroll through.
- We monitor keywords and mentions so we can keep up with conversations about our brand and things we post about, like brand storytelling.
- We customize posts for every platform. For example, on LinkedIn, we may write longer posts. On Instagram, we’ll add hashtags.
And I know what you’re thinking, “But customizing your content for each platform can be extremely time consuming!”
Yes, I know. We have lots of social media channels to manage here at Business of Story.
Now here’s our secret: We do it all thanks to Sendible, a social media management platform with an impressive amount of features and powerful analytics. It truly makes managing so many channels a breeze.
Our honest review of Sendible
Sendible’s Smart Posts functionality makes things easy because we can easily customize the post for every single platform in one step. It gives you the best chance of driving engagement and getting people to pay attention to your content.
I love that Sendible works with every platform, even automatically posting to Instagram, Google My Business, personal LinkedIn profiles, Pinterest and Facebook Groups. And using the queue feature to automatically recycle content ensures your most engaging content can be seen by new followers.
Sendible makes it super easy for us to:
- Source content from clients and collaborate closely with them to create a social media strategy built on storytelling principles.
- Reliably plan and schedule content to be automatically published to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and more.
- Find relevant industry content to share so you can show support to others in your community and share things your audience would find useful.
- Respond to comments and messages and engage with people who mention your brand or keywords you specify.
- Add branded calls-to-action when sharing curated content (via Sniply).
- Demonstrate the impact that this content has had on audience growth and reach through in-depth reporting and analytics.
I know you have a lot of choices when it comes to social media management apps, so I wanted to let you know that me and my team can’t recommend Sendible enough. We’ve used many popular social media scheduling platforms, including Sprout Social, Buffer, Hootsuite, and Recurpost, but Sendible is hands-down our favorite because it comes with all the features we need and more at a price point we love.
Gavin Hammar and his team have built an incredible platform that helps over 3000 digital agencies worldwide work closely with their clients to breathe life into their brands and get their stories heard on social media.
Sendible offers a generous 30-day free trial so you can try it out, no credit card required.